Effective Date: February 25, 2019
Privacy at the Email Provider
We follow generally accepted standards to protect your privacy rights and the personal data submitted to us, during transmission, processing or handling upon receipt. If you have any questions about the privacy of your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
Email Provider participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Email Provider is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List. https://www.privacyshield.gov
Email Provider is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Email Provider complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Email Provider is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. Anent the discussion under the Legal heading above, in certain situations, Email Provider may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Data Collection and Processing
When you register directly to use our services, the personal data you may be required to provide includes; name, billing address, organization name, your own domain name, IP address, browser user-agent and billing details for Platinum services (credit card, or PayPal account).
We also collect the email content you create, upload, or receive from others when using our services. We use this information to deliver our services, like processing the terms you search for in order to return results or helping you add addresses to messages by suggesting recipients from your contacts.
If we send newsletters and you sign up for them, we may collect your business contact details including; name, postal address, email address, telephone numbers, or job title and use only in accordance with your marketing and communications' preferences. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you connect to our service, we log the IP address, client identifier (browser or mail client information) and username. During use of our services, we log the email address you're using to send mail, the email address you're sending to, any actions related to mail in your mailbox, log the activities taken and for providing proof of delivery and fraud analysis.
To identify and detect deliverability issues such as failures when sending email, we may detect through monitoring or ask if the email service is working properly.
For spam or for other fraudulent purposes, we collect the IP address and username to help you validate if an unauthorized user has gained access and use to your account, to block spam and fraudulent content.
We may receive and use information from third party services to assist us in identifying spam.
If you report a message to us, either through the service or via customer support, as spam or not spam, we may share that message with the third party service that flagged it to improve the accuracy of future filtering.
We will also share this information with your devices and external accounts where you have authorized us to do so.
If you are an individual user who is assigned an account on our platform by your company, your account is likely to be managed by an administrator. Alternative and/or additional terms may apply as determined by your company's privacy and other related policies, and your administrator may be able to access or disable your account.
Use of Personal Data and Information
We use personal data and information to:
- provide you with our services and to maintain, manage and improve our services;
- help our services deliver more useful, customized content such as more accurate search results;
- send you notifications when you receive new mail or events; we may also send you a notification if we detect suspicious activity, like an attempt to sign in to your account from an unusual location;
- at your option, contact you to let you know about updates to our services or information we feel may be of interest to you;
- provide you with customer support including technical support and troubleshooting (for example, to reset your password);
- protect you and conduct security investigations and fraud and abuse analysis (including to help us flag spam mail);
- comply with our legal obligations, for example when assisting governments and law enforcement agencies or regulators (as may be required by law);
- improve the safety and reliability of our services. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm us, you, our users, or the general public.
Third Party Advertising:
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain information when you visit our web sites. These companies may use automatically collected information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. By default this information is not used for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertisements unless you have affirmatively checked the box to opt-in to this service. If you did opt-in to this service initially and wish to opt-out at a later date, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Third Party Tools:
Our mobile apps use Google Analytics and Crashlytics for Firebase SDK with their own purposes.
Google Analytics for Firebase helps us understand how people use our iOS or Android app. The SDK automatically captures the number of events and user properties and also allows us to define custom events to measure the things that uniquely matter to our audience: business customers or individuals.
More information on Firebase Analytics can be found here: https://firebase.google.com/docs/analytics/
Firebase Crashlytics is widely used crash logging tool that is intended for opt-in reporting, logs, keys, and even tracking of non-fatal errors from user devices. It helps us to track, prioritize, and fix stability issues that erode mobile apps quality. For more details please refer to this link: https://firebase.google.com/docs/crashlytics/
Sharing or Disclosure of Personal Data
In this section you can find out more about how we share personal information:
- within Email Provider;
- with third parties that help us provide our products and services; and
- with government organizations and agencies, law enforcement and regulators.
We may share your personal information in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- with third parties who help manage our business and deliver services. These include service providers who help manage our systems. Some of these providers use “cloud based” IT applications or systems, which means that your Personal Information will be hosted on their servers, but under our control and direction. We require all our service providers and third parties to respect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information and our contracts with them generally include obligations for them to comply with applicable privacy laws and to use any personal information we share with them solely for the purpose of providing services to us.
- with government organizations and agencies, law enforcement, regulators to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies;),
- if, The email provider is involved in a merger, acquisition, dissolution, sale of all or a portion of its assets, or other fundamental corporate transaction, we reserve the right to sell or transfer your information as part of the transaction. In such an event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- we may share in aggregate, statistical form, non-personal information regarding the visitors to our website, traffic patterns, and website usage with our partners and affiliates.
Third-party accounts in the mobile app.
The mobile application allows users to add external email accounts (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo!Mail, etc) which are not part of Mail2World’s platform and are being managed separately from internal, i.e. 'native', accounts hosted directly by Mail2World Inc. External email accounts are not subject to ad targeting or any other non-email related services.
The data Mail2World obtains from external accounts (including email address, received and sent emails) are being used for the sole purpose of maintaining proper app functionality while adhering to the regulations detailed in the consent screen during account login, and cannot be shared with third parties unless it's required by law enforcement or regulatory authority. Please note that in addition to email account data, we collect information such as the device's operating system, IP-address, mobile app version, and mobile application logs. Such information is required for proper functionality, support request updates, and bug fixes.
You can delete external email accounts from the app via the "Remove account" option in Account Settings at any time. If the app was uninstalled without external account removal, all collected data will be automatically be erased in 30 days if no activity is detected on the device within the 30-day timeframe. For the purposes of Mail2World's app, activity is defined as logging into the account in question within 30-days.
The mobile apps' use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements. The full scope and permissions (like Read, Send, Delete, etc.) requested using the Google API are reflected on the consent screen while logging in to Gmail accounts in the mobile app. Access to Gmail accounts from a mobile app can be terminated by the user at any time from Google account Settings -> Security -> Third-party apps with account access.
User Access & Choice
The email provider respects your control over your information and, upon request, we will confirm whether we hold or are processing information that we have collected from you. You also have the right to amend or update inaccurate or incomplete personal information, request deletion of your personal information, or request that we no longer use it. Under certain circumstances we will not be able to fulfill your request, such as if it interferes with our regulatory obligations, affects legal matters, we cannot verify your identity, or it involves disproportionate cost or effort, but in any event we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and provide you an explanation.
You have and can manage your choices regarding the personal data and information we collect and how it's used. You have an opportunity to review and adjust privacy settings in your account. Some of our products offer specific privacy settings. For example, you can manage your contact information, such as your name, email address, and phone number. You can also delete certain personal information, or your entire account should you wish to do so.
Should they need assistance with access they can write support at email@example.com with the following information:
- Their name
- Email address of the account in question
- An alternate email address for us to contact then
- Let The email provider know how they can be of assistance
Business Partner Email Provider Accounts
If you work for or are part of an organization that uses our services, your account administrators and/or resellers who manage your account will have access to your mail account. They may be able to:
- access and retain information and your email stored in your account;
- view statistics regarding your account;
- change your account password
- suspend or terminate your account access
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request
- restrict your ability to delete or edit your information or your privacy settings
Data Protection & Security
We store most of your personal data electronically. We implement and maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures, policies and procedures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, misuse or interference or the unauthorized disclosure, access or modification to such information appropriate to the nature of the information concerned.
The security of your information is paramount and a critical consideration for The email provider in the provision of its services to you. Please see further information on the security measures we engage on our websites and platform and when you use any of our services.
We work hard to protect you and Email provider from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold. Measures we take include:
- placing confidentiality requirements and restricted access protocols on our staff members and service providers who need access to your information in order to process it to provide our services to you;
- destroying your personal information if it is no longer needed to provide you with our service;
- destroying logging or other transactional information that may incidentally contain personal information in accordance with our schedules to clear such information;
- following strict security procedures in the access, storage and disclosure of your personal information to prevent unauthorized access to it; and
- using secure communication transmission software (known as "secure sockets layer" or "SSL") that encrypts all information you input on our website before it is sent to us. SSL is an industry standard encryption protocol and this ensure that the information is reasonably protected against unauthorized interception.
As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer and/or device you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please take appropriate measures to protect this information.
Data Retention and Right to be Forgotten (Deletion)
In some circumstances we may store your personal data for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, accounting requirements. Where we log information related to your IP address, we retain this information for approximately 90 days. This is for the purposes of fraud watch, as often users don’t check in with us in a timely fashion over whether their account is compromised. Being able to look at some amount of recent history and know what activity was taken by a legitimate user vs a malicious one is useful.
We proscribe your primary email address, if it’s at one of our domains, for up to 6 six months after your account is closed, to reduce the risk of impersonation, should someone try to use the same email address as you in order to impersonate you.
Where you request that we delete your account from our system, we will immediately lock the account and archive the information, then delete it from our severs within approximately 7 days from the date of your request. This archive window allows you to recover your information in the event of an accident or malicious deletion request.
However, in specific limited circumstances we may store your personal data for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal data or dealings.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we learned that we have collected the personal information of a child less than 13 years old, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Our website and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
Know Your Rights
If a legal claim arises involving your data, we will store and disclose that data until the matter has resolved.
Your right to ask for corrections, erasure, and export of your data. You have the right to control your personal data. Specifically, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
We’ll provide you with a copy of your data that we have about you.
- The right to rectification
Request we fix incorrect data about you.
- The right to erasure
Request we erase certain data about you.
- The right to restrict processing
Ask us to restrict certain type of processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability
Ask us to provide your personal data we have for export.
- The right to object
Object to how your data is being processed.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
We don’t profile you, but keep in mind you have this right with other sites.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Submitting a request for information to The email provider is a simple process. In order for The email provider to process a request for information users must submit an email to the Support Department at email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- Email address of the account in question
- An alternate email address for us to contact you
To Learn More About Our Privacy Practices Click Here.